Ground turkey and turkey bacon add lightness to a meatloaf with the taste of a bacon cheeseburger. Make this delicious Turkey Cheeseburger Meatloaf at home!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 7 slices turkey bacon, or more to taste
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 slice French bread, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook turkey bacon until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes per side. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble when cool.
- Mix cooked bacon with ground turkey, Cheddar cheese, egg, onion, crumbled French bread, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper; turn the turkey meatloaf mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish and form into a loaf shape in the middle of the dish.
- Mix ketchup, yellow mustard, and brown sugar together in a bowl, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Spread the mixture over the turkey loaf.
- Bake the turkey loaf in the preheated oven until the juices run clear, loaf is no longer pink in the middle, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the loaf reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees F), 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Find this and many more recipes at www.allrecipes.com