Here’s a few tips and tricks that should help with the new Facebook Timeline design! It’s a change now, but hopefully we’ll all be able to get a hold of it soon! I hope these tips help!!
- Tabs that were on the left hand side are now across the top. To see more, just click the number at the end and you can see all of them. So in the past if say Pantene was giving away a sample, you’d click on the “Sample” tab on the left before. Now you’ll click on the “Sample” icon for samples, promos or sweepstakes.
- Add My Free Product Samples to your Newsfeed! Just hover your Mouse (don’t click) over the Like Button and check the “Show In News Feed”.
- You can send me (Cher) a private message through Facebook now. This is a new feature on Facebook, you can now send messages from the MFPS Facebook Page by simply clicking on the “Message Button” right next to the “Like” button.
- How You See Posts on Our Page – You can choose to see the posts on our page laid out in four different ways. To change the way you view how posts appear, simply click on ‘Highlights’ which appears in the middle of the page just before the first post.
1. Highlights: Shows posts from MFPS on the left and highlights of posts from readers and your friends on the right side.
2. Friend Activity: Shows ONLY posts your friends have made about the MFPS Facebook page.
3. Posts by Page: Shows ONLY posts that I make from My Free Product Samples.
4. Posts by Others: Shows ONLY posts made by MFPS Facebook fans or readers. If you select this, you’ll see everything that’s been posted in order. Make sure to read both sides of the middle line because it seemsto
- See More Recent Stories – If you’re only seeing about 10 or so posts on the page, you can click ‘See More Recent Stories’ at the bottom of the middle line and you’ll see everything! This makes a HUGE difference!
- Create a List of Your Favorite Freebies & Deals Pages - You can create a list to house all updates or pages that are in the same category. Hover over ‘Liked’ and select ‘New List’ and create your list, such as ‘Freebie & Deals.’ Add My Free Product Samples to it!
This will categorize the updates for various interests for you in one place on your News Feed. You could also do one for Sports, for instance, or any other interests that you have subscribed (or Liked) to their Facebook pages.