Bite into a crispy, chewy, spicy but mild chocolate cookie reminiscent of the classic Mexican hot chocolate drink.
- Reynolds™ Parchment Paper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablet Mexican hot chocolate drink mix (from 19-oz package)
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with Reynolds Parchment Paper; set aside. In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- 2. In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter and hot chocolate tablet over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 3.Place cookie mix in large bowl. Stir in melted butter mixture and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 4.Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on lined cookie sheets.
- 5.Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Store covered at room temperature.
You can find this and more recipes at bettycrocker.com