While breaded with a spicy cornmeal batter, there’s nothing corny about this delicious white fish filet. It makes a great meal any day of the week.
- 1 1/2 pounds white fish filets
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 package Simply Organic Gumbo Base Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1. Rinse fish and pat dry. Set aside.
- 2. Place flour in a flat, shallow pan or on a plate.
- 3. Combine egg and water in another flat, shallow pan.
- 4. Combine cornmeal and Gumbo Base Seasoning Mix in a third flat, shallow pan.
- 5. Lightly coat each filet in flour. Then dredge in egg mixture, followed by seasoned cornmeal mixture.
- 6. Heat oil in a large skillet. Fry each filet until golden brown, flipping only once to minimize breakage. If filets are thick, you may choose to bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes after browning in a skillet.
To help mitigate any strong fish flavor, marinade fish filets in milk before breading.
Find these and more recipes at www.simplyorganic.com