The kids are almost out of school, (or already are) and summer is on it’s way! It can be hard to keep the kids entertained over the summer, so here’s a list of 75 things to do with them are free or pretty cheap from Freebies 2 Deals!
1. Draw with Sidewalk Chalk
2. Play with Water Toys in the Yard
3. Slip N Slide
4. Make Giant Bubbles
5. Paint Items Outside with Water (It dries and there is no mess!)
6. Go to a Local Fishing Pond
7. Backyard Campout
8. Draw Monster Pictures on Paper, Hang them in the Yard and “Melt” them with the Hose or Spray Bottle
9. Head to a Splash Park
10. Go on a Treasure Hunt for Rocks and Paint them
11. Participate in the Summer Movie Program! (Kid Friendly Movies are only $.50 during the Summer!)
12. Collect Flowers and Press them in Books
13. Outdoor Picnic
14. Create a Campfire and Do S’mores
15. Head to the Zoo
16. Make a Lemonade Stand and Sell it Outside to the Neighbors
17. Take a Tour of a Fire Statio
18. Head to a Water Park
19. Go on a Family Hike
20. Have a Movie Night Outside with Pillows and Blankets
21. Make Homemade Ice Cream
22. Head to a Free Fireworks Show or Have Your Own at Home
23. Do a Family Game Night with Fun Prizes at the End
24. Go on a Bike Ride
25. Take a Family Walk
26. Go to a Park and Feed the Ducks
27. Have Bathtime in the Bathtub with Glowsticks!
28. Build a Fort Inside on a Rainy Summer Day
29. Let them Color on your Windows with Window Markers or Crayons
30. Purchase Solid Colored Shirts and Hand Kids a Bleached Pen to Create their Own Designs
31. Make Your Own Playdoh
32. Do an Outdoor Scavengar Hunt
33. Color Ice Cubes and Set on the Drive way to Melt
34. Fingerpaint with Pudding
35. Make Tin Foil Dinners and Cook them in the Oven.
36. Teach your Kids to Sew.
37. Make cute hair clips with your Kids.
38. Find Shapes in the Clouds
39. Water Balloon Fight
40. Play Outdoor Night Games
41. Go to the Library Each Week and Read Books at the Park
42. Make Homemade Popsicles
43. Backyard Tic Tac Toe
44. Make a Marshmallow Shooter, Spray Paint the Outside and Have Teams
45. Blow Up Balloons and Cut Water Noodles in Half for a Fun Game.
46. Make Your Own Slime
47. ABC Hunt- Write all 26 Letters on your Driveway and Find Items Outside and Place Next to Each Letter.
48. Make Rootbeer Floats
49. Go to One of the Free Museum or Free National Park Days in your area
50. Go to a Baseball Game
51. Make SnoCones at Home
52. Plant a Garden
53. Go to a Dinosaur Museum
54. Head to a Farm and Feed the Animals
55. Participate in Kids Bowl Free!
56. Go Star Gazing
57. Go Miniature Golfing
58. Head to Free Movies in the Park (Check local cities for times.)
59. Do a Kid Fun Run
60. Make Your Own Lava Lamp
61. Go to a Library Storytime
62. Go to a Carnival or County Fair
63. Go Fishing
64. Make Necklaces out of Colored Pasta
65. Have a Princess Tea Party Outdoors
66. Have a Muddy Sandbox Day
67. Flashlight Tag
68. Travel to New Playgrounds
69. On Rainy Days, Create a Homemade Music Video
70. Write with Chalk on your Trampoline. (It washes right off and looks more like a Chalkboard!)
71. Make homemade popsicles with fruit juice and popsicle molds.
72. Have a read-a-thon day at the Park with treats.
73. Go have a picnic at a park or a camp ground site.
74. Haul the TV and DVD player outside for a starlit movie night.
75. Door Bell Ditch Someone with Ding Dongs!
76. Sign them up for Apple Summer Camp!